Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Peppermint Fudge

So this is waaayyy off topic,
but I wanted to post what I was up to this past Sunday.

It was a Christmas miracle! I love my kitchen, but rarely even enter it unless it's to refill my coffee or find my keys (next to the coffeemaker). But once a year, I make the only holiday treat I know  - Peppermint Fudge.

It starts like this:

 
The only ingredients you need to make the fudge are:
 
peppermint crunch (from a candy store or crushed candy canes)
white chocolate (I use a variety: Ghiradelli chips, Nestle)
vanilla candy melt (like Candiquick, I don't use lot, just to smooth out the melted mixture).
 
Although I had gathered all the ingredients a couple weeks ago, I didn't have plans to make it this past Sunday 'til I saw this:
 
A half-filled bag of white chocolate chips in the back of the refrigerator!
So I knew I had to make this soon before more of the ingredients "disappeared."
 
All you have to do is melt the chocolate in small doses (approximately half a bag at a time) for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. It takes about 2-3 minutes total to melt the mixture. Then stir in the peppermint crunch and spoon out onto wax paper (maybe 1/8 -1/4 " thick).
 
After it cools, breaks the fudge into pieces and assesmble in a tin or tray:
 
Finished result!
And the best news of all? I didn't eat a SINGLE bite, because I don't like white chocolate. It really was a Christmas miracle.

Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I brought a tray to the teachers' workroom & when I checked back 2 hours later - there were just crumbs :)

      Delete