Sunday, January 27, 2013

What Phil Said! Freebie

 
3 guesses to what we're learning this week!
 
Haha, if you automatically thought of quotation marks,
you were right!
 
If you ever wondered what Phil might say (& hasn't everyone?) ...you will enjoy this freebie!
 
The first page is 6 sentences to be cut out and laminated. I will have the students use a dry erase marker to add the quotation marks:
 

I also tucked in a quick activity page to use for an informal assessment. I saw a question like this on NWEA (it was for commas) and most of my students got confused :(
 
 
To pick up this freebie, click here!
 
a little makeover:
 
 
Have a wonderful week!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Looks so cute! Lovin the freebies too! Thanks
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I know my students will like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, let me know how they do! My students are finding quotation marks very tricky.

      Delete
  3. I had read in your of your previous blogs that you were posting one free GR lesson from Reading A - Z per month. I can't seem to find these, except for your last two at Level A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your message!
      I just did a quick search and found "hook" materials for four Level A books and more for higher Levels (I think G?). If you search the tab on the right labeled "Guided Reading, " you should be able to find more. I didn't keep up with adding additional Level A's on a weekly basis...my group grew too fast and moved up! I ended up creating more sets for Levels B and C. I'll need to load them soon when I get a bit of time. I apologize for any confusion and/or frustration...I'd love to get them uploaded soon!
      Thanks again,
      Jen

      Delete
  4. Thanks! I think these will spark some good conversation in my class!

    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic extension to our Groundhog Day learning. The first graders sure do need extra quotation mark practice. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete