Happy June!
I'm linking up with Farley (thank you!):
Please visit Farley - she's provided a wonderful opportunity for all of us to make a BIG difference :)
Listening - to the rain on our skylights. It's loud!
Loving - I started working with K students for the last 6 weeks of school (my sweet coworker went on maternity leave). It's been just a tad crazy balancing K and 1st, but these students...such a joy!
Plus, they have ALL had an IEP meeting this month (seriously), so I was able to prepare goals for first grade, It's been insanely busy, but I'm leaving the school year knowing exactly what August brings!
Thinking - my Zazzle order arrived yesterday! I have business cards, a canvas bag with my logo, and pins. Am I missing anything for #tptvegas15?
Wanting - It's been a tough month of loss and reflection here. We still need to travel back to our hometown for the funeral (postponed for another 2 weeks). I will have the opportunity to spend the day with my parents - I can't wait!
Needing - see above :)
I don't see my parents often because of distance, but it doesn't affect our relationship. My mom and I are literally the same person, so we could talk all day and get excited about projects. My dad is the wisest man I've ever known and I seriously think he could charge money for a life-talk "session." It's like spending an afternoon with Confucius. NOT so fun for the teenage Jen, but so incredibly appreciated by this mid-life tired teacher!
Summer Lovin' - I read a TON of teaching books every summer, but I'm especially excited for this book study!
This is one of my ALL-TIME fave books - it's one of those books you will read and reread and still gleam something new. It's wonderful for both mind and soul. Please grab a copy and follow along!
BTW, did you see who I'm linked up with?
Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in Second! I already stalk read her blog faithfully... so excited by this opportunity!
I signed up for The Cozy Minimalist! I've only listened to the first module, but it already set my mind straight on what I'd like to do with my house over the summer.
At first, I wanted to give it a little makeover...new tableware, throw pillows, etc. Then I realized I actually need just the opposite...my house is perfectly fine, The main floor and kitchen just need some TLC (cleaning!). My home office though is a completely different story - I'm hoping the rest of the modules provide insight on what to do with it. Sticky notes and stacks of cardstock on the floor is clearly not working ;)
VEGAS - Check out what I won in a giveaway!
Thank you Cara for the awesome planner! You can pick up your own copy here...I'm printing it on the last day of school to kick off the summer!
Thank you for reading!
Have a terrific Tuesday :)
thanks for always linking up!!!
ReplyDeleteyou are awesome!!!!
I just put that planner on my wish list… thanks for the heads up on it!!! It looks perfect!!!
Kindergarten is just awesome isn't it? 1st is fantastic too - I love both! I love your order from Zazzle - I need to order some stuff for Vegas too! I hope you enjoy your visit with your parents!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about your relationship with your parents :o)
ReplyDeleteHow fun that you won the planner, and that you received your goodies from Zazzle! My cards arrived the other day, and I am SO EXCITED for Vegas15! I hope to meet you there!
xo Pam
Hedgehog Reader
Have a great time at Vegas! Very jealous. And enjoy your summer break.
ReplyDeleteStars and Wishes