Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tell All Tuesday!


Happy Tuesday!

I love that I had to think about what day it is...happy summer!

I'm writing this during the first hour of our l-o-n-g drive back to Baltimore. We were in Dayton this past weekend to celebrate the life of my father-in-law. Although bittersweet, it was a wonderful time with family and friends ♥

I'm linking up with My Day in K and Teach.Talk.Inspire for


Thank you friends for hosting!!

Every year we travel to our hometown of Dayton, Ohio. We haven't lived there in over twenty years, but some things never change...

If you've never been to Dayton, you may not know about the sights like Wright-Patt Air Force Base (& Museum) or Carillon Park, but the real must-see spots are all about Dayton's cuisine! 

We map out our annual trip around meals...
and this year's trip did not disappoint:


World's. BEST. Coffee

We enjoyed a fresh brewed cup (or 2) every day, plus packed up 5 pounds to take home :)


Oh my goodness! 

Underneath all that cheese is Skyline chili and spaghetti!

My next #whole30 starts tomorrow - who's with me?!?

Sadly, I didn't take a picture of our Marion's pizza...it was our 1st stop from our drive into town and my hunger was keeping me from thinking straight! 

Until our next visit...

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear about your local "must-have" foods. I know every hometown has them :)  ♥ Jen


8 comments:

  1. I think I need to take a road trip to Dayton! We live near New Orleans, so you know we're all about food. It's hard to pick one favorite place, but shrimp po'boys are a summer staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yummy! Something to look forward too! Thanks for sharing! Go check out my post!
    All the best!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that looks so good!! I want to check out Skyline Chili!
    Thanks for sharing your snapshot!
    Kimberlee
    It’s Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny how we have our regular eating stops on familiar trips and sometimes look forward to the food as much as the final destination! Thanks for sharing.
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I always joke with the people I am traveling with that we are on a "food tour" of wherever we are. The food is usually a major part of the fun! :)
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun tradition to go back to your hometown and visit familiar stomping grounds. Sounds like a great tradition and lots of memories. The food looked delicious, I want it all, and the coffee, yum! Thanks for taking the time to link up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I'm drooling! We love to find new places to eat when we visit new cities! We should head to Dayton soon! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A girl after my own heart, planning the vacation stops around food! It all looks so good. Wow, that is some serious cheese! Our favorite place to visit is the beach and one particular restaurant Pismo Fish & Chips. We don't get there too often, so when we do, we eat there 2-3 times during our visit. Enjoy your summer!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete