Monday, June 22, 2015

TPT Sellers: Dare to Dream

LOVE this week's theme for the #TPTSellersChallenge!


This week's theme is Dare to Dream:


The first one is easy to explain...take a look:

The Welcoming Committee!

If you've been following me here since the beginning, you probably have already guessed that I'm obsessed with Florida! Specifically Redington Beach (between St. Petersburg and Clearwater).

My inlaws have a house there and we visit at least three times per year! It feels more like home there than anywhere I've ever lived. 

Here's the kicker...we could purchase a home for SO much less than where we live now. BUT, where would we work? I'm blessed to have a ridiculously wonderful salary here and I would literally be taking a FIFTY % pay cut. That's HALF :(

On my extra-tired days, I let myself dream of TPT-ing from the little beach condo I've already picked out :) On the other days, I remind myself that I have 16 (at least) years until retirement and then we can move there! We WILL move there someday!

My second dream is to volunteer. Now that doesn't cost anything, but it does require time. I mentioned above that my salary is good...it's because I work at a fantastic school with extended hours and days. I'm incredibly thankful, but any my extra time these days goes to working out and sleeping.

In my previous position (self-employed piano teaching), I always volunteered with special education in some capacity (hospital or schools setting). If my business took off and I reduced my hours, I would love to volunteer again!

My last dream is to give to others (R.A.K. - Random Acts of Kindness). We absolutely love to give gifts - it's always so much better than receiving gifts at our age. Maybe I could combine volunteering and gift-giving...in Florida! Triple-win!

Please visit other bloggers to read about their dreams and link up your own!
Thank you Third in Hollywood, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, Sparkling in Second, and Teach, Create, Motivate for hosting the challenge. Can't wait 'til next week!

5 comments:

  1. Your dreams sound reachable! Keep it up! I am sure the beach condo is wonderful!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dreams sound reachable! Keep it up! I am sure the beach condo is wonderful!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Florida and the mister and I have talked about moving to my hometown (Pensacola) - but we have the same problem you are running into! The salaries in Florida are SO much less than Texas! Best wishes on your continued TpT journey!

    Bryce
    The Teaching Texan

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever move to the west coast of Florida, let me know!!! I'm in nearby Tampa! :)
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dreams warm my heart! Wish I could renew my piano skills with you as my teacher!

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete