Friday, May 29, 2015

iTeach First: Freebie Friday! May 29th


TGIF!
I'm linking up with Kacey for Five for Friday:

We have 13 days to go for the school year and the students are really ready for a break! 

With so much testing going on, I decided to incorporate some edible reading/writing activities into our Guided Reading - something we've never done before!

Here's some pictures of how we did...

We made dirt cups after reading about Wonderful Worms!



We wrote and followed a recipe to make lemonade:



We enjoyed sequencing events from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and of course snacked on cookies while making these cuties:


This mosaic mouse project ideas is from Jessica Tobin's (Second Grade Nest) Craftivities bundle - a fabulous set of easy-to-assemble crafts - ALL based on favorite read alouds!

The end of the year has also brings major procrastination with all the Special Education paperwork...I just can't bring myself to tackle it all. I schedule little "creative" breaks to work on my Phonics Bundle

Last weekend, I uploaded my revised Think Pink Short I packet:


You can find it individually here or in my growing bundle here:


This weekend, I should finish Short U ...all 32 phonics packets will be done on or before July 31st!

One of my favorite activities to use with both my K's and firsties, is "Read It, Check It!" This activity is included in every phonics pack,...and you can try it out for free:


Please hop over to iTeachFirst to read more!

Thank you for reading! Jen

3 comments:

  1. Fun week! My kids got a "dirt and worms" sundae at Freddy's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week for your kiddos! Mine love making dirt pudding as part of a how-to writing unit by Amy Lemons and s'mores as well. Whatever we can do to keep them interested!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a DELICIOUS week! The kids will remember that forever! :)
    Happy Weekend!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete